Hi! im kent dockus
Electric Violinist, Solo Artist, Music Education Advocate, Audio Engineer, Music Business Professional.
Follow me on social media @KentDockusViolin
On stage with MGK
Kent is an Electric Violinist based in Cleveland, Ohio. His specializes in Rock and Pop Electric Violin performance. Growing up in Cleveland, he was a member of the nations first high school rock orchestra The Lakewood Project and studied under Grammy-Music-Teacher of the year nominee Dr. Elizabeth Hankins. He was also a member of the award winning Contemporary Youth Orchestra (CYO) studying under string visionary Liza Grossman. Kent spent his student years studying contemporary string playing with the worlds best Electric String Players including Tracy Silverman (Belmont), Mark Wood (of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra), Michelle George (Baldwin Wallace), Chuck Bontrager (Columbia), Dr. David Wallace (Berklee), Joe Deninzon and Bridgid Bibbens. Kent has a Bachelors of Science in Music Business from Full-Sail University.
As a member of the Contemporary Youth Orchestra he had the opportunity to preform with rock and roll hall of fame artists such as Jefferson Starship and Bootsy Collins. While performing with Charleston based singer songwriter Haley Mae Campbell, they opened for The Brothers Osborne and Chris Janson. As a solo artist he has performed with Emmy award winning Electric Violinist Mark Wood of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and chart topping Cleveland based artist Machine Gun Kelly (MGK).
As an educator Kent works closely with Dr. Steve Schani (WMEA) to construct his workshop and clinic materials. Ensuring that everything is adhering to curriculum requirements and is practical for all levels of students. As a music education advocate Kent travels with Mark Wood's Electrify Your Strings! Artist-In-School's program, raising awareness to the importance of public school music programs. He also works with the MWROC music festival in Kansas City every year to continue to push the string world into the 21st century. He also is partnered with American Electric Violin manufacturer Wood Violins and plays a custom 5-String Viper Violin.
Kent has also partnered with several Non-Profit organizations to put on events and concerts to benefit those in need. Here is a brief list of some of the organizations he has worked with..
- Electrify Your Music Foundation
- Muzart world Foundation
- United Way Foundation
- The Community Foundation of Greater Tennessee
- Help To Others (H20)
- The Ronald McDonald House
Here is a list of some of the venues Kent has performed:
- House of blues; Cleveland, OH
- Denny Sanford Center: Sioux Falls, SD
- Waterfront Park; Charleston, SC
- Bogarts; Cincinnati, OH
- Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica; Cleveland, OH
- Lakewood Park; Lakewood, OH
- First Night Akron; Akron, OH
- Johnstown High; Johnstown, PA
- Salt Fork State Park; Cambridge, OH
- The Music Farm, Columbia, SC
- The Music Farm, Charleston, SC
- Lock3; Akron, OH
- MidAmerican Nazarene University; Olathe, KS
- Cleveland Metro Parks Zoo; Cleveland, OH
- All Pro Stadium; Avon, OH
- Belmont University; Nashville, TN
- Mcnally Smith; Twin Cities, MN
- LDS center; Salt Lake City, UT
- The Ohio State Fair; Columbus, OH
- The Phantasy Night Club; Lakewood, OH
- Lakewood Alive; Lakewood, OH
- Lakewood Civic Auditorium; Lakewood, OH